Sunday, 20 July 2014

Soap and Glory product review.

Recent Soap & Glory Goodness – Reviews





Well hello there lovely people, it was my birthday recently and my sister very kindly bought me a couple of goodies from Soap & Glory. Now, anyone who knows me, knows I adore this brand, I've been buying products from them for a longggg long time now, whenever I could afford it basically.

So I thought I would do a little review of the new products I’ve tried and some of my old faves.

  • Orangeasm super rich body butter (300ml)

This lovely tub of citrusy goodness comes in a bright pink and orange tub, makes me intensely happy to look at and smells like a great big citrus hug full of joy. The scent is ‘fresh green mandarin, Sicilian lemon and sweet orange peel oils’ – normally I'm not a fan of citrus scents but this one just makes me feel more awake, it’s so fresh but not overpowering. The body butter is what you'd expect from a Soap & Glory product, thick but quick to soak in and good for dry skin, leaving skin soft but not sticky (especially the pins!).
At £10 a tub, it’s not exactly cheap but a little goes a reasonably long way, a lovely treat for tired, dull skin looking for a summer makeover!

(Also – just read on the tub there is a ‘Super tonic fragrance spray’ that is similarly scented?! how have I not seen this! Has anybody tried it, and is it also as deliciously fruity without making you feel like you've snorted a tablespoon of lemon zest?).

  • The Daily Smooth body butter (250 ml)

In case you can't tell, I suffer from dry skin, and therefore am a bit obsessed with moisturisers/body butters! This next one features Rosehip seed oil and cocoa butter, and is scented with S&G’s ‘Mist You Madly’s’. Now, for anyone who hasn’t smelt this, it smells AMAZING. Subtly girly, flirty and musky (in a good way), it features bergamot, blackcurrant, magnolia, freesia, vanilla and musk. To me, all of those scents together sound like a hot mess, but somehow S&G have managed to make it into something magical.
The consistency is slightly thinner than Orangeasm, making it better for daily use as a general moisturiser (if you're lucky enough to be able to afford to buy it that regularly). Soaks in quickly, didn’t cause any crazy skin reactions which sometimes occur with heavily perfumed products (I am blessed with sensitive skin – THE JOYS), and smells like a dream, so you don't even have to perfume yourself up if you don't have time/perfume to hand. 

My only gripe would be that I am not sure how long the 250ml tube will last, it may just be me, but I've found it doesn't go quite as far as Orangeasm (However, I do have freakishly long limbs, so might be something to do with that). Still, definitely worth a try if you’re a fan of lovely smelling body moisturisers!



  •  Mist You Madly – A flirty, floral, fragrant body spray (250 ml)

This is one of my old favourites. Normally I have one of these and also a high-end perfume on the go at the same time, just so I don’t ‘waste’ the more expensive perfume on days where I’m just going to work or a quick trip into town. It’s a lovely scent; floral but not overpowering, and good for any occasion I think. A little goes a long way, making it great value for money, and they also do a handy travel size version! I feel like I get used to the scent quite quickly, and then can’t smell it after a couple of hours, but people do ask what perfume I’m wearing, so that’s got to be a positive!

  • 365 – For Daily Youth moisture lotion (50 ml)

I bought this moisturiser as a replacement for a Simple one I had been using and grown bored of, and also to attempt to combat my very ‘fatigue’ worn skin last Autumn. I’m not sure why I went for an anti-ageing moisturiser, I guess perhaps I was working on the theory it might help combat the tired skin a bit better!

So, the positives; I love the scent of this moisturiser, it smells beautiful – peaches, fresh and clean. It’s a very handy size, it’s lasted me a long time, and you only need to use a little to get good coverage of your face and neck. I definitely saw an improvement in the softness of my skin, and I feel like it did ‘brighten’ up my skin. I can't really comment on it’s ‘anti-ageing’ benefits, but my guess is it probably works better as an all-round moisturiser/brightener.

My main issue with this product was that it stated it was ‘For all skin types’; from my experience I would say that it would be suitable dry to normal skin types, but not for normal to combination/combination to oily skin types. I have combination skin, with a relatively oily T-zone, which was the bane of my teenage life, and this moisturiser did make my skin feel oilier throughout the day, and my makeup didn't sit well on top of it. So I won't be using it again during the day if I plan on leaving the house, however, it has made quite a nice variation to my night time moisturiser choices where I prefer a thicker moisturiser.


I hope this review was useful, and if you have any Soap and Glory recommendations please share them with me!

Cheers then, happy blogging!

‘While beauty absolutely matters, it doesn't matter absolutely’ – Soap and Glory

<3 

2 comments:

  1. I really love Soap and Glory too! I recently bought the orangeasm shower body wash and it smells so good! I think my blog is a little similar to yours and would really appreciate it if you checked it out and maybe left a comment telling me what you think?xx

    wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I might have to get the body wash, I'm normally not a fan of their super citrus-y stuff, but orangeasm is SO good! But yes, massive fan of S&G - tad obsessed haha. I checked out your blog it looks good :) I think we've got a lot of beauty faves in common! xx

      Delete