Evening beautiful,
This is a very spontaneous post, prompted by a skype call I just had with one of my best girlfriends, who's recently moved to the big smoke (i.e. London). It seems to me that currently the vast majority of 'twenty-somethings' I know are a bit lost, jobs-wise. I'm not sure if that's down to the current hideous employment cycle we appear to have here of 'No experience = No job = No experience', or whether it's just that there are too many people looking for work, and too few positions available. Either way, myself and many of my friends are getting rather frustrated by this.
Personally, I guess I just pictured myself having a job at least vaguely related to my degree by now. I graduated last September with a BSc (Hons) Animal Science, Behaviour and Welfare, and despite a year of fervent applications and job hunting, I remain a coffee shop barista. Now don't get me wrong fellow baristas, it's not a bad job to have by any stretch of the imagination, it's just not the job for me. I love animals, and biology, and all things to do with nature. It's been my passion since I was a child, and I miss it.
I do love certain parts of my job, I adore the people I work with, they manage to make me smile on even the worst of days. I love our regulars and how they stick up for us, and give us a 'thumbs up' or a cheeky wink when everything's going pete tong. And I do love coffee...and cake..and food in general. So y'know, it could be a lot worse.
I think it's just frustrating when you apply for jobs and hear nothing back, no interview, no email saying 'Unfortunately you haven't been successful on this occasion'. I don't know when it became okay for employers to not even gracefully let you down, and I don't know about you guys, but it really bugs me *Insert grumpy cat face*.
Anyway, that's my rant over. Is anyone else stuck in this weird 'Mid-twenties' crisis?
I'd love to know I'm not the only one! In the mean time, I'm going to continue hanging on to my rope, and drawing silly pictures in people's lattes to get me through the day!
I hope you're all feeling much more positive than me and have a lovely weekend :)
Cheers then,
Big love
<3


I have nominated you for a Liebster award! The post will be up on my blog tomorrow at some point, so please check it out if you fancy writing a blog post for it...mine will explain all to you! I hope you do decide to do it :)
ReplyDeleteAmazzable xox
rawramazzable.blogspot.com
I understand how horrible it must be. Sometimes it just gets to much and you'll feel down and negative minded. But I promise you'll reach the top! Keep trying because I know that there is a job out there for you!
ReplyDeletewww.writingmonique.com
Ahh thank you!! :) I know, I need to try and stay positive, at least I have a job whilst I'm searching. I'm just gunna keep ploughing on with the applications, and hopefully something will come along soon. And this blog can keep me occupied in the meantime! Thanks so much for your reply :) xx
Deleteit is super stressful, i agree, but you just have to keep trying :)
ReplyDeletefrom helen at thelovecatsinc.com
ps. win some Raybans of your choice + a beauty goodie bag worth nearly £300 on my blog! click here.
Thanks Helen! It is super frustrating, I think I'm just too British and think it's so impolite when nobody gets back to you haha :p I will keep trying! :) xx
Delete